iPhone 8 : fix conference call issue ,unable to merge, swap call.

Some user are complaining that after upgrade to iOS 8.x on iphone they are facing issues and trouble with 3 way calling and conference call. However some have reported the problem with box opened set also. This annoying calling issue in iphone has created problems for many users and Some reported steps when problem is faced goes as below:
1.  When I try to add a new contact to ongoing call, use is unable dial the second number.
2.  Sometime user is able to dial the second number but  cannot merge the calls to setup a conference.
3.  If successful, not able to setup a conference call on iphone.
4.  Once finished talking to the second call, cannot go back to the first call. Even tried to swapping the calls on iphone, it does not works.
5. If somehow able you are successful to setup a conference call on iphone,  when one line drops out of call, user is still seeing on screen "multiple calls" or "conference" call going although just talking to one person.

 
iPhone conference not working issue fix
This is Quite frustrating, as this issue is problem in very basic feature of iphone i.e  calling system. Read this article for help.





How to fix the conference call issue in iPhone, merge and swap issue:

There is troubleshooting and tips available to fix the broken conference call feature in iphone:


1.Make Sure your network provider (cellular data service) provide you the merge call facility on your phone to setup conference. Once you have the facility then you can merge calls as explained further 
2.Try to change below network related settings:
   1.  Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > Select Voice and Data (change if was set to Data only).
   2.  Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and confirm.
  This may immediately remove call conference problem in your iphone. Restart your phone and check if the problem is occurring on 3 way calling.
3Check with Tech Support of your network provider (eg verizon) for 3 way calling feature. They can add this feature remotely for your iphone and make sure the phone has all of the features that are included with your package it should work for you to fix the conference call issue.
Reset Network settings

Comments

Anonymous said…
Didn’t work
Anonymous said…
This is a known problem at Verizon. I don’t know why they are acting as if they don’t know about it and others are not complaining about the same issue. I have been on the phone with them for months now. I have spent hours upon hours on the phone with their tech department with this issue. Initially it works for a day or two then right back to the same issue, conference calls don’t work.

I have been through 5 iPhone X’s because I thought the phone was the issue.....it’s not! It’s Verizon! They won’t let me out of my contract (still paying for the new iPhone that doesn’t let me conference call which I need to be able to do for work). The only thing left for me to do is get a lawyer. Would anyone like to join me in a class action lawsuit against them?
happdgirl said…
I am having same issues with my xs max on verizon...either the merge doesn't happen or it disconnects the call all together. Used to work but who knows what is wrong now with Verizon.
Anonymous said…
I have been having the same issues. I just called Verizon and the gal had me turn Voice Roaming ON in the Cellular Data Options (which was previously off) and so far so good.
Anonymous said…
Mine will not allow me to merge calls either for conference call and I need that feature for work as well